Man killed after being electrocuted by ‘charging phone’ while using earphones to listen to music (Graphic Photos)

Man killed after being electrocuted by ?charging phone

A Thai man has been killed after being electrocuted charging his phone while using earphones to listen to music in Thailand. 

 

Police said they found 24-year-old Kritsada Supol on his mattress with his Samsung device plugged into a power point with a cheap charging cable.

 

When the property owner visited his room in Chonburi the next morning, police said the body of the man who is factory worker was found with signs of burning around his ears.

Man killed after being electrocuted by ?charging phone

According to the Sun UK, he appeared to have been listening to music or talking to someone, with the microphone section of the earphones resting over his lips.

Police Captain Jaleuk Polthong from the Phan Thong Provincial Police Station in Chonburi, Thailand, said they believe that Kritsada was electrocuted while using the earphones and charging his smartphone at the same time.

The captain said: ‘We believe a short circuit caused his death while he was on the phone with someone or he was listening to music.’

Man killed after being electrocuted by ?charging phone

Officers blamed a poor quality charger for the death.

Polthong added: ‘Many people could be in danger if they use cheap charging adapters which are not manufactured from the authorised company.

‘It looks like the victim was electrocuted but the body will be sent for an autopsy to confirm the exact cause of death.’ Man killed after being electrocuted by ?charging phoneMan killed after being electrocuted by ?charging phoneMan killed after being electrocuted by ?charging phone

Advertisements